Friday, May 14, 2010

Ramblings of a Sleep Deprived, Exhausted Woman at Midnight.

I started a new job at Panera Bread. Right now, I am a glorified diner girl. I clean the tables, chat with the old folks, and wash the dishes. It is actually an enjoyable time for me since I simply like to talk to people. I don't always want to be the girl stuck in dining room but....well... we shall see where it goes.
On another note... I have started a Blessings journal. Everyday I write down at least one blessing from the day and when I am feeling down and out... I simply re-read all the wonderful things God has done for me.. And those things... Wow. Since I started the journal, blessing upon blessing has been poured out. And, honestly, he's been doing these things all along.. I just didn't notice them.
Kind of amazing.
I'm seeing God in a new light... I am trying my hardest to find the joy and awe in my relationship with Him again. I will admit that my relationship with Him hasn't been what it should have been the past year. I was simply trying to make it. Now...I am doing more than just making it.. I am thriving. God is changing everything about me to reflect Him. I just wish I weren't so dang stubborn.
Pray for me. My strong, stubborn mind and independent nature holds me back in this area. I find them to be helpful most of the time but in this... I need to surrender again. So, pray that I can finally fully hand over control.
Now that I have confessed all.... I guess this is goodnight!

5 comments:

Jessica Wynn said...

Panera Bread! :D My favorite place! (Well, that and Chili's.) Micah and I almost went there today. Your blessing journal is a really good idea, and I believe I am going to start one myself. :)

Roxie said...

Do it! it's amazing. My gramdma gave it to me.. on the front is the verse, John 1:16-- kind of perfect for a blessings journal :)
-come see me sometime! it's a good job... even if i am always exhausted after work! haha

Esther said...

I <3 Panera

And your title for this post :)

The journal is a neat idea!

Do you still check out movies also?

Roxie said...

@Esther No, I don't... Hollywood Video closed permanently at the beginning of May.After we closed, i immediately started the job at Panera Bread. It was SUCH a blessing. Actually, it was the FIRST blessing in my journal! :)
How are you?
As soon as I know my hours... I'll have to invite you down for dinner or something!

Esther said...

Yes you should. I love Panera!

How are you?