Friday, December 12, 2008

My Crazy Night

So, this is what happened....
Brian has his friend D.J. over, who reminds me somewhat of Micah, but just not quite as cool, and they played guitar in Brian's room for hours. However, what I didn't seem to grasp was that Jonathan was somehow a part of this atmosphere.... which can only mean one thing-- Brian is going to pick on him somehow....
I was up fairly late- doing some youtubing and reading blogs.. whatever- and Jon was faithfully sitting with me.. reading the blogs...taking random myspace quizzes..like, "what's your love song." We got the same one by the way. Apparently the two of us are tired of waiting for love.
I finally told him that it was time for him to go to bed... he's only nine after all...
Well, he breaks down.. tears up... grabs my hand and begs me to come with him-- my thoughts were something like, "There is no way he is dragging me up to his room tonight to play video games... I already played Yoshi's story on Nintendo with him tonight.." So I refuse to accompany him. He starts crying and pleading for me to come... I decided something was definitely up.
He then tells me, in sporadic phrases that Brian told him about some old white house where we used to live that was haunted... and he just couldn't stop thinking about it.... At this time I am so confused-- What house? where? When did this happen?
I ended up journeying to his room... where I promised to sleep with him... for a while...
The two of us are cuddled up on his bed... and I am looking off in the distance thinking about life.. and how much I would like to be doing my own thing... when I notice... He's sleeping... deeply....
I start itching out of the bed... little by little... He jerks awake! He looks at me and says, "Roxie, where're you going?" I sigh, lay back down and say, "No where, Jon. No where."
He falls back asleep.. I wait a while longer.... I start to get up, he open his eyes... I lay back down...
Ten minutes later.. the same thing. I got a little smarter this time... I decided to lay on my stomach... I stretched my right leg over the side... I learn-- He wakes up again....
Drat!
Finally, I decide to chance it-- I place my foot on the ground... I lean... I move... He wakes up again... I fall onto the floor... He says, "Roxie, what're you doing?"
"I'm gonna sleep on the floor Jon." "OH, okay.....wait, what will you sleep with?" "I'll....." I look around frantically-- "I'll use your spare pillow.. and this to cover with" (I pointed to his jacket-- He was too sleep induced to notice). "That's good..." He replied.
SO, I lay in the floor... feeling sorry for myself and wanting to escape..
Once again... I started inching my way towards the door... I'm crawling... Jon's sleeping... and then-- My knee pops! Jon sits up.... I say, (like the trapped mouse I am) "Hey, just moving my pillow..." He lays back down..
After a while I get up... he asks what I'm doing.. I say, I've got to get some stuff...
I retrieved my laptop.. my cell.. and a blanket..
When I returned he was waiting.. definitely not sleeping.....
So, here I sit... or rather lay.... on the surprisingly comfy carpet of my youngest brother's bedroom.. blogging about my unfortunate circumstances... while Brian.... the cause of it all.. laughs and plays guitar down the hall with his buddy.
Being the "Big Sis" is a tough job.

1 comment:

Jessica Wynn said...

Hey I meant to mention forever ago that I read this post and it's hilarious =] I wouldn't really know what it's like to be a big sister (except for the occasional fill in here and there) but it sounds hard.