Thursday, July 10, 2008

Premonition

So, I started writing a book a while back. I had written a few chapters but got caught up in school and never got to finish. Well, I got back from Ukraine at the end of May and pulled it out and started editing and working on it again. I had started to get really excited about it and finally got the nerve to tell someone what I was doing- I am normally very private about these things. Lindsay was really supportive and I was getting ready to maybe even show her my work. My life was turned upside down when we took a little trip to Wal-mart. We took a nice stroll over to the book section as usual and that is when I saw it. Yes, someone had already written my book! Every detail- her name, where her parents were from, everything! It was like a slap in the face. I yelled for Lindsay and she was completely shocked as well.
You see, this has happened before. Not with a book, but a movie. Since I was a kid I had the same dream over and over again. It was weird I had it every few months and it always had the same plot and details. One day I am sitting with my family when the new Sandra Bullock movie pops up. I literally choked on my soda and spit it out my nose simultaneously. Ever heard of Premonition? Uh-huh, that was my dream. Every last detail.
I started writing another book. I hope that I get it written before someone else does.

No comments: