Thursday, November 6, 2008

Books, Books, Books!

It has been one exciting day. Well, not really exciting BUT I did go to smoothie king after my work out today and I felt refreshed from my amazing smoothie. I really to purchase a blender, that would be the icing to end this year... include a toaster and I am set. I wonder if I can convince my family to get me those for Christmas? It is worth a try I suppose. I have now accumulated enough books that I need to purchase another bookshelf.. I have some books in my closet and others down stairs on Sierra's shelf. My big shelf is full and there are books stacked randomly on every shelf due to the lack of space shelf for them. So, I guess it is time to buy another shelf, especially since Sierra is moving out at the end of the semester and taking her shelf with her... that means there will be (roughly) twenty books from that shelf plus about forty more that need a place. :Sighs: I love my books and I will not sell them until I am starving... which could, you know, be anytime. My priorities are books first then food... that is not a healthy habit.
I haven't bought a book in ages.... I am trying this new thing called the "library" .... it is not exactly my preferred method of acquiring books.... I like to keep the books I have read and it irks me when I remember scenes from a book I have read but can't remember the title. If I owned it, I would know it, hands down, no question. But it drives me crazy to dream entire books out, remember their names, time period of the book, and location but NOT know the name and author! I do this all the time and it hurts my heart. One time I reread a book and got some serious deja vu before I realized I had read it before.
Anyway, a friend got me an amazon gift card for my birthday and I used it. I have a new book coming in the mail and I can not wait until it gets here.

5 comments:

Jessica Wynn said...

I think your paretns would be happy to get you such "practical" items.

Mom used to have a quote on her myspace (>_<) that said, “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.” (-Erasmus)

But I think I'm the same way as food as not nearly imoportant to me as books. So I'm quite used to having a whole book case of books and hardly any food in the fridge =]

Roxie said...

Jessey( I like it with a Y, lol), I am starting to think that you are just like me, only much cooler. Lol

Roxie said...

Jessy.. yep, this is the way I am going to spell your name. (forget that extra "e" from the last comment lol)

Roxie said...

Jessie, I am starting to think that you are just like me, only much cooler. Lol

Jessica Wynn said...

I think I'm like you, only I have spelling issues. >_< (Working on that though!)