Saturday, November 29, 2008

Christmas Break... :sighs:

I have been wanting for blog for a few days now but I really haven't had anything of import to write. I guess I still don't but I did have a great Thanksgiving with my family. I made lemon cake to take to family dinner at my Grandma's. I should have made two- I had forgotten that it is the preferred cake of my family. I personally think it's great that it is the family favorite.... at least we have that in common. I had planned on having a little Thanksgiving/Christmas party at my apartment before I went home for break but it looks like it's not going to work out after all. I am somewhat sad about that. However, I plan on making a fantastic green bean casserole for Christmas dinner. My dad has had bad experiences with those though... However, he would never refuse to try MY casserole. Besides, I kind of blackmailed him.... he gets lemon cake only if he tries my casserole. I mean, just because you've had a bad experience doesn't mean you should discount it completely. My argument is that he could be missing out on the best casserole of his life by refusing mine.

I am so ready to relax and enjoy my break. Oh! I am going to Wheaton College (Wheaton, IL) in January to check out their graduate program. You see, I am going to be graduating early--in Fall of 2009. The graduate program that I want to do is counseling ministries. If I get into the program it would mean moving to Illinois. Now, Wheaton is a fairly good size city on it's own--the biggest I will have lived in. However, 25 miles north of Wheaton, sits Chicago. Yes, the little southern girl will be moving to North and into a suburb of Chicago.

Don't worry-- I am definitely praying about everything before I make any big decisions.

No comments: