Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cell phones and Novels and the Bible

When someone asks me what my favorite book is I always answer, "Pride and Prejudice." It is an automatic, compulsive thing. I was thinking today that I want my Bible to be my favorite book. I want it to the first book that I think of. I want the mere mention of it to make me pull it out and start reading it.

A friend of mine posted this on her facebook and I have to admit, I need to work on this.

I wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat
our cell phones?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?
What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?
What if we flipped through it several times a day?
What if we used it to receive messages from the text?
What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?
What if we gave it to kids as gifts?
What if we used it as we traveled?
What if we used it in case of an emergency?
This is something to make you go .hmm...where is my Bible?

Oh, and one more thing. Unlike our cell phone, we don't ever
have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus
already paid the bill! Makes you stop & think "where are my priorities?"

And no dropped calls!

2 comments:

Jessica Wynn said...

That's funny; I just got that in a chain text the other day. But I don't understand why they(the person who texted me) didn't just leave the note on top of my Bible, since I thought the whole point was you're supposed to be reading your Bible more. I liked it though.

Roxie said...

Yeah, it is funny.. because I got this from a friend who posted it over a year ago... and the day after I posted it on here.. well, it was sent to me in a chain text. I was like what?! Lol