Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Jesus is My Cup of Tea

I thought I would mention this as an fyi to Jessy: John may be on to something about the whole marriage thing. Not because you shouldn't ever get married early but because of statistics. According to research, men are less likely to be mature enough for marriage before the age of 25. And marriages of men younger than that have a tendency to be self centered and friction filled. Of course, I do not know the age for women and can't really give you a number on that one. I am sure it is younger, considering that women mature much earlier than men. This is something that I learned in my stats class last year.


Moving on, I am really excited about being a Christian. I know, I bet you are thinking, 'Hasn't Roxie been a Christian since she was nine? And furthermore, raised in church her whole life?'
It doesn't matter how long I have been doing "church," what matters is my heart and my relationship with Christ. And lately I have been struggling. Not so much in my love for Jesus, I know that I love Him more than anyone else, but for my passion as a Christian.
I cannot tell you how many times I have felt like I had nothing left to give. I want to be passionate about serving others, I want to be excited and exhilarated at the thought of spreading the gospel. I just want to love others.
When I think about the things that I love, the people that I love, I know that I would do make tremendous sacrifices for them... and I have realized recently that I feel the same about Christ... there is nothing that I wouldn't do for Him.
It is exciting and fresh. I am so excited because I realize, perhaps for the first time, that being a Christian is a privilege.... it's not something that I do because I feel like it, or was raised into it, I do it because loving Jesus and working for the kingdom are the most important things to my being here on this earth.

2 comments:

Jessica Wynn said...

I saw "Jessy" and "John" next to each other, and automatically got all defensive... =] I've heard that as well, and that a lot of men wait until they're 25 (or older) mto get married. I actually think (in most cases) that is a better idea. (Better safe then sorry.) But, I would have to say I wish women (that is IF they're ready, and with God's blessings) would get married before that. I mean, I don't really care either way about other people and their bussiness, but in my case, I won't be working when I'm married/or having a long term career. So....wait...I know there was a point in saying that....but I got distracted as I have to go to work after I type this, and now I feel pressured. Uh.... ANYWAY...Totally lost my train of thought there. Oh yeah, John. I'm fine with his whole, "I'm not getting married til I'm 25." thing. That's great! Not so great for me personally, because I'm a girl, and basically, my whole life will be over when I'm 25 (just kidding!), and I have no intentions of idly waiting til I'm 25 to get married. So point of all of the above was that I wish he wouldn't push his beliefs on me.

Roxie said...

lol. well, he's John. I really don't think he can help it. I just refuse to debate things with him. It usually works.
:)