Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Sugar Queen


Today, I read the most delightful book by Sarah Addison Allen. The Sugar Queen was completely amazing and made me feel as though someone actually understood me. I have, of course, felt like the main character Josey many times and have often used books as a way out of my own problems. I am somewhat jealous to find that one of the characters, Chloe, has books appear to her everywhere and that she does not have to pay for her books. I know I spend a fortune on my books and read them so fast that they rot on the shelf for months before I pick them up again to reread them. This has brought me to another topic. I have decided that any house I live in must have a library. I mean, I can make any old room my personal library if I need to, but I am determined that I will have one. It is funny because most girls plan their weddings and find their perfect dress, while I plan my future home... without a man in it. My mom thinks that I am crazy and that college has destroyed me. I rather like myself.

No comments: