Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I Want To Be a God-Lover

I have been reading this young adult series for a couple of months now and I am really enjoying getting into it and honestly learning more and more about God. I want to be a God-Lover. To be so enveloped in Christ that He is my everything. This weekend I am going down to Atlanta to work in the inner-city government housing. I am so nervouse about it. I don't know how I am going to reach anyone. How can I make a difference? What can I do to show them that Jesus loves them so ?
The answer: Nothing. Only God can. Funny, I used to think I was supposed to convert the earth and make them see him somehow. I now know that I can only serve God and watch God come out of me and affect others. This means that I have to guard my heart, my thoughts, my actions... I have to live fully and wholly for Jesus in all I do. I make mistakes and I will continue to for my whole life... I am not Jesus- He is the perfect one... But thank God that He sent His son to die for me so many years ago.
To be like Jesus... what a concept... I hope to someday attain even a grain of His goodness.

No comments: