Tuesday, September 9, 2008

When life gives you lemons...

I am finding out what it is to be that poor college student. You know, the one that looks forward to tap water and ramen for dinner. Oh yes, this is me. Not that I can really complain. My parents help me out when they can but since they are generous and take care of so many people- it's not always an easy thing for them to do.

I got a ticket today for not registering my car on campus- I couldn't afford to do it. Now, I have to pay for the ticket plus the registration sticker. Mark gave me some money last week and I was so excited... made a hundred plans to make it last forever.. however, I didn't count on the ethernet cable, the ticket, the registration sticker, and my $50 dollar background check that I have to pay for within the week. Oh, did I mention that my bike tires are completely flat?! I think they are busted.. so I guess I have to buy new tires too.
:SIGHS:

When did life get so complicated? Why did I think I could be a grown-up? How come I can't find a job? What am I going to do about that ticket!?!

Well, first off- I am going to pray. (It's such an obvious assertion)
Second, I am a tough girl.. I can do this.

Besides, God closes a door (that job I almost had last week..) and opens a window...

For the first time in my life, God has complete control. I am not fighting anymore. I can't always take care of myself but I am asking God's guidance and I am giving him my trust.

So, I guess I am going to take those nasty, sour lemons and make lemonade... or in my case- Use them to sweeten my tap water!!! :)

No comments: