Sunday, October 26, 2008

Living on Magnolia Ave

I am sitting in my room eating popcorn and drinking apple juice. The truth is, orange juice is my favorite but it was more expensive... hence the apple. I look around my apartment and notice all the things that don't match or make sense as part of the decor and I realize that all the odd, mismatched furniture is what makes my apartment home. Almost all of the furniture in our living room belongs to me but none of it matches. We have a red moon chair, a mahogany entertainment center, two light brown bookshelves, a white and pink-ish couch, two black end-tables, a hunter green quilt rack, and a black futon. (Next on my list is a circular rug for the center). It's funny how I never planned to have such add furnishings in my home but somehow it just happened. Growing up I always planned to have the matching couches and tables and curtains... but now I think that it would be crazy boring if I did! Now, I am not knocking coordination- my mother has the matching theme in her house. And it looks fantastic.
I just like that my little home reflects me (and thankfully my roommates as well) and how I view life-- this crazy mess that we navigate daily and TRY to understand.
Plus, when I make my tea in the evenings I like to sit in my moon chair with a book from my shelf.... If everything matched I wouldn't have that comfortable chair or relaxed atmosphere to enjoy.
Go random-ness!
So, recap:
I love my apartment... and I love my roommates. :)
p.s.
I was just talking to my mother on the phone a moment ago and I yawned... and then she yawned.... I guess that yawns are even contagious across the miles via telephone!

No comments: