Friday, October 17, 2008

Lots of Random Thoughts and Preferences

It's Fall Break! I have been living it up I promise! I love my quiet apartment and my even more quiet campus. It is almost silent and my noisy neighbors are gone too. Finally, I can actually relax and enjoy life. Other than catching up on my reading,I have actually been getting out of my apartment. I have been working out this semester and I enjoy it immensely. I never should have stopped doing it. Let's see, I am a huge fan of smoothies.... blueberry heaven is the way to go-- I recommend it to anyone interested in trying a smoothie...
Later I may venture into Chattanooga with CeCe and Cassondra. I have no idea what we will do once we get there. By the way, I hd to go buy some floss last night and decided to chance it and try a new thing. Well, I bought this floss brush by reach and it is incredible. It makes it so easy to reach the back teeth ( I know, I am pleased by th little things-- my friends mention it often).
By the way, I am experimenting with some vegitarian dinners... would anyone like to brave this new world with me? Lol. (Come on, Jessie..haha)
Well, I have an appointment- later!

8 comments:

Nathan L. said...

Vegetarian? thats the worst idea ever. (not to mention nastiest tasting). I have a vegetarian uncle who brought a toufu turkey for Thanksgiving. It was nasty looking.

Jessica Wynn said...

Yeah, but hello, Nathaniel didn't even try a tofu turkey. I have, and I have to say it's awesome.(As far as looks, I would have to say it looks more like ham.)

I (we? Mom and me) have a book called "Betty Crocker's Vegetarian Cooking" (can be purchased on Amazon for 68 cents =] ) and it's so amazing! We espcially use the "Black Bean Burger" recipe. It's sort of like vegetarian hamburgers, only way better!

Anywho, I do actually have some vegetarian recipes stored in my pc from where I did the Daniel's fast. In my opion, it's easier to do a Vegetarian diet in the summer because many people try to give thier vegetables from their gardens away. Last year we grew our own cucumbers, tomatoes, tommytoes =], and red and greeen peppers. (Have you ever had stuffed peppers? They are so awesome! We've made them with tuna, and canned chicken, but you make them without any meat.)

Roxie said...

I'm not really into meat anymore Nathaniel.. It's just not my thing... I get my protein from other things.. like nuts, for instance
Jessie, Thanks for the tip.. I will check it out on Amazon!

Nathan L. said...

o no now you're on my list of people to worry about!

(i worry about wegetarians as they usually start looking unhealthy after a short period of missing meat.)

Roxie said...

I haven't been a meat fan for years and I am fine. Sorry but I think that you are worrying about me in vain

Nathan L. said...

its not about being a meat nut, but a little meat is important. I guess what i'm trying to say is I don't thing a completely not meat diet is healthy. I'm not saying that you have to eat a lot of it either though.

Roxie said...

I know and I get what you are saying. However, I still get all the nutrients that I would from meat, just through different foods. I am going to make it, friend, I'm going to make it.
lol

Nathan L. said...

OK You'll be fine
:)